Monday 10 October 2011

10 : Development : Possible Route

Using the existing infrastructure maps, with overlays of the low socio-economic areas, I have shown very simply the answers to my questions:
  • Where do the people who rely to public transport live?
  • Where are these people going?
  • Other places of interest / extensions of the line.
Maybe this is just the architect in me, but I the shades of grey are much nicer and less harsh then all that colour from earlier today.


I will attempt to settle on a distinctive route tomorrow so that I can begin developing the light rail in more detail.  I still need a solid brief and imagery by Friday!!

Also, I need to reminding myself than just providing a light rail is not enough... it is only one form of mobility, and it is not a architectural entity either. Perhaps I will refer back to my 'visual thesaurus' I created a few weeks ago for inspiration on how the contents of my light rail can also reinforce the 'mobile' idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment