Monday 17 October 2011

11 : Brainstorm

Last night I was feeling quite overwhelmed, so I called my amazing urban designer, who has become quite the mentor these days, for some direction.

Together we went over some ideas.. some crazy, some boring... some completely unrealistic...

I know that creating a trainline itself is not an 'architectural entity' - but I like that idea for some reason.. so perhaps it can still be utilised somehow... After the chat I decided that maybe instead of focusing on a station... I could focus on where these trains go afterhours...

so during the day the interiors are movable... adapatable so people bring their bicycles on board for longer distances.. and then during the day, seating can be provided for shoppers / seniors / general recreation activities... and then at night time all the carriages can retreat to a 'depot' in Woden Valley for a open public arena, like a public forum, concert hall, night club..... Here are few sketches which eventually led to this point.



In one of the lecture Yasu said that our 'architectural entity needs to assist people to:
-debate political/social/cultural issues
-take actions
-do so through mobile means
-assist the constitutes of A.C.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment